Traffic infringement notices (including Camera Detected Offence Notices)

What is an infringement notice?

An infringement notice can be issued for a range of offences against state and local council laws.

If an infringement notice is for a traffic offence, the registered owner of the vehicle will receive the notice and is responsible for paying the fine, unless they can prove someone else was using the vehicle at the time.

You can find the full list of offences that can receive an infringement notice in Schedule 1 of the State Penalties Enforcement Regulation 2014.

What do I do if I have received an infringement notice?

Information about what to do if you receive an infringement notice is available from the Queensland Government.

Can we help?

Generally, we don't investigate complaints about infringement notices as they can be resolved in court.

There are only limited circumstances where we may decide to make enquiries into a complaint about an infringement notice. These usually relate to administrative errors made by the issuing agency.

Where can I get further information?

Last updated: Friday, 19 October 2018 2:54:43 PM