State schools

If you have a complaint about a state school, try and resolve the issue using the Department of Education Queensland complaints process before contacting us.

What we can do

If you haven’t been able to resolve your complaint with the Department of Education Queensland, you can make your complaint to us.

We can also take complaints about Grammar schools as defined under the Grammar Schools Act 2016.  Before this Office will investigate complaints about those schools, you should first complain to the school and board and seek a response.

What we can't do

We do not have the power to investigate complaints about private schools other than Grammar schools. Complaints about non-state schools should be made to the principal of the school and/or the school’s governing body.

Last updated: Friday, 15 September 2023 8:52:49 AM