All our vacancies are advertised on Smart Jobs.
How to apply
It is important that you read and understand the Guidelines for applicants (PDF 260.3KB) document as it contains information about:
- eligibility requirements
- how to apply online for vacancies listed on Smart Jobs
- selection processes
- criminal history checks.
Work for us
A career with us gives you a chance to make a difference. We are an independent agency that investigates complaints about the administrative actions of state government departments or agencies (including state schools and TAFE), local councils, and public universities. We also work with these organisations to improve their decision-making and administrative practices. We are the oversight agency for the Public Interest Disclosure Act 2010.
We help public sector organisations improve decision making and manage complaints better by providing training and undertaking audits of complaints management procedures.
What we offer
We are an organisation that values work/life balance and we demonstrate this through our commitment to flexible working conditions. Working in our Office gives you the opportunity to share your experience with people from a diverse range of backgrounds in full-time, part-time and casual positions.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
We offer a range of different roles that will give you the opportunity to make a positive difference to the lives of Queenslanders. Positions within the Office are organised into teams and can include the following:
- Registration and Preliminary Assessment Team – receiving and assessing enquiries and complaints
- Major Investigation Team – undertaking complex investigations including serious systemic issues
- Investigation and Resolution Unit – investigating complaints about public agencies’ decisions and actions
- Education and Engagement Team – providing training to public agencies and reviewing agencies’ complaints management systems, providing advice to agencies on public administration and coordinating the Office’s client and agency engagement
- Public Interest Disclosure Team – reviewing and monitoring public interest disclosures management by public agencies and providing information and advice
- Corporate Services Unit – delivering the Office’s administrative, financial, human resource, information management and technology, records, facilities, performance planning and reporting, research, marketing and communication services
- Executive Services Team – providing executive support for the Ombudsman and the Deputy Ombudsman, managing the Office’s Right to Information and Information Privacy functions, and providing legal and strategic governance advice.
Competitive salary and working conditions
Our employees enjoy rewarding careers and a healthy work and life balance while enjoying competitive salary and working conditions including:
- salary and salary packaging
- competitive superannuation
- recreation leave
- sick leave
- long service leave
- flexible working hours.
Support for work and life balance
We also offer supportive work policies and a range of leave options including:
- professional development
- equal opportunity employment
- study and research assistance
- employee assistance program
- purchased leave
- parental leave
- special leave.