All our vacancies are advertised on Smart Jobs.
How to apply
It is important that you read and understand the guidelines for applicants document (PDF 470.6KB) as it contains information about:
- eligibility requirements
- how to apply online for vacancies listed on Smart Jobs
- selection processes
- criminal history checks.
Work for us
A career with us gives you a chance to make a difference. We are an independent agency that investigates complaints about the administrative actions of state government departments or agencies (including state schools and TAFE), local councils, and public universities. We also work with these organisations to improve their decision-making and administrative practices. We are the oversight agency for the Public Interest Disclosure Act 2010.
We help public sector organisations improve decision making and manage complaints better by providing training and undertaking audits of complaints management procedures.
What we offer
We are an organisation that values work/life balance and we demonstrate this through our commitment to flexible working conditions. Working in our Office gives you the opportunity to share your experience with people from a diverse range of backgrounds in full-time, part-time and casual positions.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
We offer a range of different roles that will give you the opportunity to make a positive difference to the lives of Queenslanders. Positions within the Office are organised into teams and can include the following:
- Intake Team – Receives, assesses and responds to complaints and enquiries
- Investigation and Resolution Unit – Investigates complaints about state government agencies, local councils and public universities, and conducts major investigations
- Training Services Team – Delivers training to public sector officers and community engagement
- Public Interest Disclosure Team – Monitors application of the PID Act, provides information and advice, and training about PIDs
- Corporate Services – Delivers business services to support Office operations.
- Executive Services – Provides legal services and manages the Office’s information privacy functions.
Competitive salary and working conditions
Our employees enjoy rewarding careers and a healthy work and life balance while enjoying competitive salary and working conditions including:
- salary and salary packaging
- competitive superannuation
- recreation leave
- sick leave
- long service leave
- flexible working hours
- remote working options available.
Support for work and life balance
We also offer supportive work policies and a range of leave options including:
- professional development
- equal opportunity employment
- study and research assistance
- employee assistance program
- purchased leave
- parental leave
- special leave.