Infringement notices (including Camera Detected Offence Notices)

What is an infringement notice?

An infringement notice can be issued for a range of offences against state and local council laws.

If an infringement notice is for a traffic offence and is not immediately issued to the driver, the registered owner of the vehicle may receive the notice and is responsible for responding. 

What do I do if I have received an infringement notice?

Information about what to do if you receive an infringement notice is available from the Queensland Government. You may also wish to obtain independent legal advice.

Can we help?

We do not have jurisdiction to investigate a complaint about infringement notices issued by a police officer.

Generally, we don't investigate complaints about other types of infringement notices where the complaint is that the infringement notice should not have been issued because the person did not commit the offence or has a defence. In these cases the infringement notice can be disputed in court.

There are only limited circumstances where we may decide to make enquiries into a complaint about an infringement notice. These usually relate to administrative errors made by the issuing agency.

Where can I get further information?

Last updated: Monday, 29 January 2024 12:50:53 PM