Our free advisory service is designed to help government organisations improve their administrative practice, decision-making and complaint handling.
Complaints management advice
We can offer:
- Advice about developing effective complaints management systems, including:
- complaints management policies
- procedures and frontline complaints handling.
- Complaint management system reviews that measure compliance against legislative requirements and other recognised standards and considers six key elements:
- policy and procedures
- external visibility and accessibility
- internal communication and training
- complaints resolution
- maintenance and improvement
- external reporting.
Email for more information about this service.
Public Interest Disclosure management advice
We provide advice on how to manage Public Interest Disclosures, including:
- interpreting the Public Interest Disclosure Act 2010 and the Public Interest Disclosure Standards
- feedback on agency policies and procedures
- deciding if a complaint is a Public Interest Disclosure
- undertaking reprisal risk assessments
- providing support to disclosers
- using the Public Interest Disclosure reporting database, including adding new users and resetting passwords.
Email or phone (07) 3005 7000 for more information about this service.
Training and resources
Book one of our training courses or check out our resources.
We also publish a series of newsletters designed for decision-makers in state and local government. Subscribe today!
Here's what one of our clients said:
'I would like to thank the Ombudsman for being such an awesome help over the last four years. Your training and the review process were so helpful in getting our complaints management system working well and providing staff with the necessary skills. It has also been a pleasure assisting and responding to you about complaints. You have always been fair and sensible. You walk your own talk.'