OpenLayoutBoxedLayoutBorderLayout Small textMedium textMaximum text

Monday, December 5, 2016
 Make a Complaint Minimize

If you have a complaint about the decisions or actions of a Queensland Government agency, a local council or public university, you should try to resolve the matter with the agency concerned.

All agencies should have a Complaints Management System (a CMS) in place. Usually the Ombudsman will only consider your complaint if you have already tried to resolve it directly with the agency concerned. You can do this by lodging a complaint detailing your specific concerns under the agency’s CMS.

To assist you, we can provide you with details of the agency’s CMS, or with your consent, we can directly refer your complaint to the agency for consideration under its CMS and ask the agency to respond back to you. 

If you are dissatisfied with the agency’s initial response to your complaint, you can seek an internal review under the agency’s CMS. The agency will tell you how to take this step if it is requested by you.

If you are still unhappy after you have received the agency’s final response to your complaint, you can contact us.

You will need to explain why you consider the decision of the agency to be either wrong or unreasonable, and outline the outcome you are seeking.

Your complaint should include:

  • your name, postal address, email address and telephone number
  • who was involved?
  • what occurred?
  • when did it happen?
  • why is the decision or action of the agency unfair or wrong?
  • what steps have you taken to resolve the complaint with the agency?
  • what was the result of those attempts?
  • what outcome you are seeking?
  • copies of documents and correspondence you have exchanged with the agency.

You can lodge a complaint with us in the following ways:

What happens to my complaint?
What can I do to help?
Public Interest Disclosures
Corrective Services
Multicultural translations

 Related Links Minimize

© 2013 Queensland Ombudsman