Toll matters

Learn where to direct your complaint about toll matters, Demand Notices or Penalty Infringement Notices.

Queensland’s toll roads are operated by Transurban Queensland and payment of tolls is handled by Linkt. If your complaint is about these companies we are unable to investigate as they are private companies outside our jurisdiction.

How do I complain to Linkt?

Lodge a complaint under Linkt's complaint resolution process.

If you are still unhappy after completing this process, contact the Tolling Customer Ombudsman.

If you receive a Demand Notice from Linkt relating to an unpaid toll, you should take action either by paying the amount specified or completing a statutory declaration. Failure to comply is an offence and may result in a Penalty Infringement Notice being issued.

If you have questions about how to comply with the Demand Notice, you may wish to seek legal advice. If you do not already have the services of a private solicitor, a community legal centre may be able to assist you.

What do I do if I receive a Penalty Infringement Notice (PIN)?

Department of Transport and Main Roads or Brisbane City Council may issue a PIN for failure to comply with a Demand Notice. It is important to note that the PIN is issued for failure to comply with a Demand Notice and is not issued because you have not paid a toll.

The PIN will explain what you must do. Usually your options are to pay the fine or to have the matter decided by a Court. You may wish to seek legal advice about which option is best for you.

The Queensland Government provides information about how to transfer or dispute a fine.

Find out more about traffic infringement notices.

What can I do if State Penalties Enforcement Registry (SPER) contacts me about debts relating to tolling matters?

If you do not respond to a PIN within the specified timeframe, the PIN may be referred to SPER to issue an enforcement order.

If you did not receive the PIN or the enforcement order, you should contact SPER to apply to have the enforcement order cancelled.

Please be aware that SPER can take enforcement action including suspending your driver licence.

What we can do

If your complaint is about the Department of Transport and Main Roads, Brisbane City Council or State Penalties Enforcement Registry, contact them first. Give them a chance to fix the problem. This is the fastest way to resolve a complaint. Find out more about complaining to the organisation involved.

If you are still unhappy, you can make your complaint to us.

Last updated: Monday, 17 June 2019 10:19:08 AM