We recommend using the latest browser version of Chrome, Safari, Mozilla or Edge.
To finalise your training registration you will need to pay online with a credit card. Please have your credit card handy prior to starting the registration form.
Any problems, please email our Training team.
Good decisions (Cairns)
Get the skills you need to make good decisions and comply with best-practice standards in the public sector. This full-day course is designed to help officers of all levels, including managers, supervisors and administration officers, consider all of the relevant issues when making a decision.
It is an interactive, practical day and participants are given an opportunity to apply the training in group exercises, scenarios and case studies.
Training includes human rights considerations after the introduction of the Human Rights Act 2019.
This course outlines the principles of decision-making and the factors that allow officers to make good decisions. It explains the importance of recordkeeping and details how officers can maintain proper and accurate records to support their decisions. This course helps officers identify relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- understand your legal authority to make decisions
- make sound and defensible decisions
- effectively communicate reasons for decisions
- maintain accurate and proper records
- comply with the rules of natural justice.
Benefits to you and your agency
- reduce the risk of external review
- comply with best-practice standards.
Who should attend?
- operational/administration officers.