The types of matters we look into include public agencies not acting on complaints and unfair employment or tendering processes.
Examples of other matters we can investigate include:
Queensland Government departments
- licences and motor vehicle registration
- child protection
- unfair tendering processes
- unreasonable charges
- complaint handling
- access to state provided benefits
- environmental control issues
- allocation of Crown land and water resources
- problems at school
- public housing eligibility
- concerns in prison
- land resumption.
- rates and charges
- land use, building or licensing decisions
- services such as garbage, road maintenance, drainage, water supply and sewerage
- local government law enforcement
- environmental management
Other public agencies
- workers' compensation
- legal aid
- universities and TAFEs
We make recommendations to public agencies to correct decisions if required.
In almost every case, agencies implement our recommendations. This makes the Queensland Ombudsman an effective mechanism for rectifying the effect of unfair or incorrect decisions.
Agencies in our jurisdiction